I was thinking today about you. About the years we knew each other that were so quickly blanketed by new ones; new things. For you, a new school with new people and a new attitude. For me, a brand new you-free lifestyle and now a new place, new people, and a new life.
I saw a picture of you where your hair was long. I remember giving you so much trouble about that but I didn't care too much. I was just thinking, you know, that the many times I twisted my fingers in your hair I was so in love with you. Your hair is shorter now and that hair I touched is gone; slowly decomposing into earth.
While its easy to think of happy memories with you, I am so much older now than I was... more by wisdom than by years. Fondness for memories is not fondness for who you are now.
Whats so weird is that I did love you so much. But now I love someone else so much more. So much more. I didn't think it was possible to love more than I loved you but it was. It is. It's Adam.
I stopped loving you only about a year ago... it will be soon. But that fondness is there and I think it bothers Adam. I wish it didn't. I wish he knew. I wish he could see into my heart and into yours and know that there is nothing there anymore. But he can't. I know that.
He's just going to have to trust me.
Take care old friend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment