Adam told me a story today.
I mentioned how silly it was that I was a cheerleader and he mentioned that he remembered me as a cheerleader. I said really? I barely remember it. Here is what he told me:
It was seventh grade. Sometime in the fall, he was playing in a football game that I happened to be cheering in. Everything had been going really well, and eventually the score was tied. The other team called a time out and the Trojans got on the sidelines to have a talk.
The coach was telling everyone to stay tight. Adam was notorious for not listening when the coach was talking, even when the coach told Adam that he was having the best game of the year. Adam said he was looking over at the cheerleaders... particularly me. He wasn't paying attention to the plan and wasn't able to stop the other team from scoring the winning touchdown.
I love him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment