Wednesday, July 4, 2007

July 4, 2007

First day of the blog, and also the 231st celebration of the first day of independance all those years ago. Today, we had family over to swim and cookout, then followed that up with sparklers, bottle rockets, and roman candles. Kasey and Hayley's friends Emily and Leenie came over and invited the girls to see fireworks at Sunset Hill, so our famly decided to follow in the steps and head over there. The fireworks were pretty weak, except for the finale, which was adequate. Basically, it was a letdown for me, but whatever. Independance is independance. Who am I to complain?
Tomorrow will be my second chance at obtaining a drivers' license. Since I failed my first drive test for bumping a curb, I have to go back tomorrow. This appointment was actually scheduled for Tuesday, but they changed it to Thrusday without telling us. We showed up all ready only to find out we'd make the trip back in two days. Not too happy about that. I am very happy to finally get this license. Although this means I now have to find a car plus money for petrol and insurance, the thought of being totally mobile is very enticing.
Tomorrow also could be frightening. The dreaded ex Conor and I will be seeing each other for the first time in months, and everytime I see him is scary. I never know what to expect. Maybe I'm just a pesimist (which I never was until I met him) but I'm prepping for the worst. I don't know what that could be. A friendship can't be much worse off from non-existant, so I guess we've nowhere to go but up.
Time for more fireworks. Ta ta for now.

No comments: