I had a dream last night that was pretty fun.
I am pretty sure I was at a concert hall to see a performance. I don't remember what kind of performance. I also don't remember my own social status, but by looking at the surroundings I would guess affluence was the theme of the evening.
Anyway, I managed to come across a handsome boy that had very dark skin. I know he wasn't African American... maybe Indian or something. Anyway, I ended up separated from my family and immersed in his. I met his parents and his many siblings, most of whom who were girls. All of us were older.
Somehow we all ended up in the car of his oldest sister, and we were driving around looking for a place to eat. I sat with the Indian boy and he put his arm around me. I guess at the moment I did not care.
We finally found a place to eat that seemed pretty seedy but I was assured that it was a really great hole in the wall place. We got out of the car and the Indian boy and I were the last ones out. I can't remember why, but he put this thing on my head. A scarf type thing. He said I was beautiful and he could see it. I didn't understand, but thinking about it I realized it was either a culture thing for every day or a wedding. I was flattered. The boy was very charming.
We all sat down to dinner together and I sat next to the boy. This makes is clear it was a dream... I was brave enough to place my hand on his leg under the table. He grabbed my hand and it was almost like a fairy tale. Instantly we loved each other, and the thought of not having the other one was almost unbearable.
For some reason, before we even got to eat, we had to leave in a rush. Something was happening. We drove quickly to a mansion looking type house where someone was having a party. There were a lot of drunk people on the front lawn... some of whom staggered over and introduced themselves to me only to quickly stagger back to where they were serving the drinks.
The Indian boy and his family rushed me inside the house and through a corridor that led to a back street where a car was waiting. They all got through quickly, but I was stopped by a guard or something until the Indian boy's sister assured me that I was going with them. I was so confused as to what was happening.
We all got into the car, and then for some reason the kid's grandmother called for them behind the gated door to the back street. I thought of my family and how caught up I had become in the entire night. The Indian boy was getting into the huge car and was calling me on, but I just stood. He kept calling.
Eventually he got out and asked me what was wrong. I told him I could not go where they were going (I do not remember where or why). He pleaded with me saying that he could not live without me now. I was terrified of leaving him, but the prudent side of me won over. He had to get in the car, and promised before they drove off that he would be back for me.
Then they were gone and I woke up.
Weird huh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment