Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The only reason... the only only only reason that I am trying to stop being sentimental is so that you will miss it.

I love telling you how much I love you. I love when a song makes me miss you so much I want to cry. I love that every single time I'm having a good time, I think about how much better it would be with you.

But you don't do that... I wish you would. But I'm starting to accept that you won't. You make me happy anyway... I don't want to ask you to change.

Even if I did want to, what good is asking for someone to make them feel like they want you. It takes everything out of it.

Here's the thing...

If I want to stop being sentimental just so that you will miss it, that would mean you would have to feel like me.

I don't want you to feel like me. I want you to never question that I love you.

I'd just love it if you told me you liked the things I say.

"I love when you tell me you love me. I love knowing you think about me! God, please don't stop saying those things. They make me so happy!"

I'd love to hear you say that once. But you won't. I guess thats okay.

I don't want to stop feeling sentimental. I want you to feel wanted.

I want to feel wanted.

Please make me feel special like you used to. I don't know if I can go forever wishing that you would.

1 comment:

happyian said...

It's like falling backward over a cliff
and you haven't fallen because you're holding their wrist
and that's fine
but you want to know that if you let go
they'd grab your wrist